This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Whilst using our website you may be required to provide personal information including name, telephone number and email should you wish to subscribe to our regular newsletter. We will use this information to administer our website, applications, client databases and marketing material. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018. Further, by name and email details, you consent to Stratus Associates Ltd contacting you using that method. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information collection and use
How do we collect information?
Stratus Associates Ltd collects information in two possible ways:
- When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”). When you contact us via our Contact Us Page, or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”). Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media.
How long do we keep your data for?
Stratus Associates Ltd will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide until a point that you inform us to remove your details from our mailing list or you unsubscribe.
Stratus Associates Ltd will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of providing us with your contact details, filling out the Contact Us page or any Newsletter Signup forms to anyone.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself. With respect to the information relating to you that comes into our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to Stratus Associates Ltd by contacting us. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
- You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by Stratus Associates Ltd.
- You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point by contacting email@example.com
- You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us.
- You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, we are constantly reviewing how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will endeavour to publicise any changes.